Method 1- Bake Salmon
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven heats, combine the honey, jalapeño, vinegar, soy sauce, cumin seed, lime juice and lime zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
(For this method you can opt out of cooking the sauce and simply mix it in a small bowl)
- Pat the salmon dry using paper towels.Brush a 9×9 inch baking pan with olive oil then place the fillets in the pan, arranging them evenly without crowding.
- Brush the fillets generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the glaze and jalapenos over the salmon, spooning some of the glaze onto the fish as it collects in the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the salmon for 6 minutes, then baste with the glaze. Return to the oven and roast until the salmon is cooked through but still slightly rare in the center, another 6-8 minutes.
Method 2- Sear and bake salmon
- Alternatively, after seasoning the salmon, sear the salmon on the flesh side only in a oven proof skillet for 3 minutes or until a crust forms on the flesh.
- Flip the salmon over onto the skin side, turn off the heat, and then pour half the glaze over the fish, brushing some of the glaze over the top of the fish.
(Reserve the remaining sauce to pour over at service).
- Finish in a 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes and then allow to rest while plating
- Spoon the glaze in the pan over the salmon, then squeeze the lime juice over the salmon, sprinkle with salt and green onions if using.
- Serve hot with rice on the size pouring any remaining glaze over the rice.