GF Honey Shortcakes
This Gluten Free Honey Shortcake recipe taste like Summer in every bite!
- Author: Jessica Gershman
- Yield: 12-15 shortcakes 1x
- 2 cups of gluten free flour blend such as GF Jules
- ¼ cup monkfruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 5 tablespoons of cold vegan butter or regular / divided (melt 1 Tbs butter for brushing tops)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs or egg substitute (like aquafaba)
- ¾ cup plain dairy free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (3Tbs of coconut sugar +½ tsp cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or two butter knives.
- Mix eggs, yogurt, honey together in a separate bowl until combined and add to the dry ingredients until combined forming a smooth dough that is not dry or sticky. (can also be make using a large stand mixer with a flat paddle attachment).
- Pat dough out onto a surface dusted with gluten free flour and roll out to a thickness of about 1 – 1/2/ inches. Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or rim of a drinking glass. Press straight down on the cutter, do not twist.
- Gather any remaining dough and repeat until all the dough is used. Place shortcakes on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve with fresh berries, dairy free ice cream, or coconut whipped cream.
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free
Follow along with The Zen Mommy for more clean eating recipes!
Check out my top favorite kitchen tools here.