I absolutely love these brownies, they’re gluten and dairy-free but honestly, you can’t really tell a difference. A delicious treat for Friday desserts, or any day really!
Chocolate is a food group around here. 😉
Chocolate Chip Tahini Brownies
- Author: Jessica Gershman
- Yield: Makes 10-12. 1x
- 1/2 cup good quality Tahini (like Soom)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. of almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. sea salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, salt and eggs in a bowl and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Add melted and cooled coconut oil. Add in cocoa powder, slowly in increments to make sure it is incorporated. Add almond flour and baking soda and 1/2 of chocolate chips, stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Spread remaining chocolate chips over top and gently press into batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free
Follow along with The Zen Mommy for more clean eating recipes!
Check out my top favorite kitchen tools here.