Did you know that cider is actually classified as a wine? And that you can find a cider flavor that can be paired with almost any type of food? Cider has not yet experienced the same level of popularity as traditional wine and beer, but Andrea Homoya is on a mission to change this. Through her company, Ash and Elm Cider, Andrea is putting cider on the map! Andrea, a self- proclaimed risk taker, runs Ash and Elm Cider alongside her husband, who is the ideas man behind the brand. In today’s episode Andre candidly shares the upsides and downsides of combining her work life and her personal life in this way. She also opens up about her journey to motherhood, which has not been without its own challenges. Ash and Elm has experienced a lot of growth over the years, and Andrea and her husband have some exciting plans for the future expansion of the company. If you haven’t tried an Ash and Elm Cider yet, do yourself a favor!
Key Points From This Episode:
– Complementary characteristics that allowed Andrea and her husband to get their business off
– The holiday that sparked the creation of Ash and Elm Cider.
– Alcohol content in Ash and Elm Ciders, and the type of alcohol that cider is classified as.
– Andrea explains the process that they go through to create their ciders.
– Statistics on consumption of beer versus cider by gender.
- Observations that Andrea had around traditional branding of beer, and how this has informed their own branding.
– What Andrea’s day-to-day work involves.
– Growth that the company is experiencing, and how they are dealing with it.
– Challenges of running a business with your life partner, and how Andrea and her husband try to maintain a balance.
– Parallels between Andrea and Jessica’s marriages.
– Andrea shares her journey of becoming, and being, a working mom.
– The seasonality of ciders.
– A new project that Andrea and her husband are working on at the moment.
– Variation that is possible with ciders, and examples of how these can be paired with different foods.
– The most difficult experience that Andrea and her husband have had while running their business.
– Future goals that Andrea and her husband have for Ash and Elm.
– How the Ash and Elm subscription service has helped put the company on the cider map.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: