Preparing the Lemon Sauce
- Before you prepare the sauce, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat up your olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic to the pan and allow to cook for one minute, making sure the garlic does not turn brown.
- Once the garlic is cooked, take pan off the heat to add your dry white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and salt. Mix ingredients together and set aside.
Cooking Lemon Chicken and Veggies
- Once your sauce is ready, go ahead and grab the chicken breasts. Take a brush or a spoon and coat the top of the chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the pan.
- Then, grab your whole lemon and cut it into 8 wedges, tucking them among the chicken.
- Next, you will add your asparagus and potatoes to the pan. Place them around the chicken evenly.
- Once all of the ingredients are in the pan, pour the sauce over the dish evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Take the pan out of the oven and cover the top tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the dish and serve hot with pan juices.