Everyone loves it when they get a compliment, regardless of how indifferent they may be to fashion. Today’s guest believes that having strong personal style goes far beyond trends and that how you represent yourself is incredibly important. Join us to hear from celebrity stylist, Lauren Messiah, who is revolutionizing the way people dress through her comprehensive approach to elevating personal style, working from the inside out. You’ll hear about the transformative path that led Lauren to coaching and how making herself over and starting a journey of sobriety turned her whole life around. Lauren shares how she observed a ripple effect of what clothing does to change women’s lives and why she chose to open her book, Style Therapy, with a selfie challenge to help readers to take stock of how they see themselves and how the world sees them. Lauren believes that, if you dress like you, you’re always in style. We hope you tune in to hear how Lauren helps everyday women build confidence and style!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The transformative path that led Lauren into coaching.
- How making herself over and starting a journey of sobriety turned her whole life around.
- Why Lauren believes that what’s on the outside is a visual representation of what’s inside.
- What she believes about looking good and how it far supersedes being a slave to fashion.
- Lauren’s work in retail before she became a celebrity stylist.
- How she changed her career to give the celebrity treatment to everyday women.
- The ripple effect of what the clothing did for her clients.
- Her method of reading people and dressing them like themselves, just better.
- Why you have to elevate your inner self in order to elevate your outer self.
- The community that Lauren has created, known as the Style Confidence Collective.
- How you reach certain conclusions when you are ready for them.
- The selfie challenge that Lauren has included in her book, Style Therapy.
- Why it is powerful to take stock of how you see yourself and how the world sees you.
- How, if you dress like you, you’re always in style.
- Why self-knowledge and confidence are far more important than following trends.
- Which pieces in your wardrobe are going to last longest: the foundational ones.
- Why it is so important to have staples in your closet.
- Beyond Style, the six-week transformational journey that Lauren hosts a few times a year.
- How she wants women to own their power and embody purpose.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Lauren Messiah on Twitter
Lauren Messiah on Facebook
Lauren Messiah on Instagram
Lauren Messiah on YouTube
Style Confidence Collective
The Surrender Experiment
The Zen Mommy
Mom, Slow Down!
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)