Gluten Free Pasta all’olio with frizzled garlic and swiss chard
- 1lb gluten free capellini or spaghetti
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- 3–4 medium garlic cloves cut into thin slivers
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chilies or red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chiffonade of Swiss chard (can use spinach or kale)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan or nutritional yeast
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, cook pasta according to the directions.
- In a large sauté pan over low heat, add the olive oil, garlic and chilies, continue to cook making sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the olive oil. Add Swiss chard, ½ cup reserved pasta water, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, and toss until Swiss chard has wilted and pasta is coated. Can add parmesan or nutritional yeast (about ¼ cup) to the pasta as desired.
- Serve warm and with additional parmesan if using.
Follow along with The Zen Mommy for more clean eating recipes!
Check out my top favorite kitchen tools here.