It’s no secret that Covid had a major effect on families everywhere over the last couple years. Most certainly, with children & the education system. With the beginning of the school year on the horizon, it certainly leaves us with many questions on what to expect this year. For instance, will children be wearing masks? Should I vaccinate my child? With no clear end in sight, it seems that the onslaught of new variants, plus the annual flu season, leaves us with few answers as what to do. So, with that being said, our guest is here to address some of those concerns related to covid and back to school.
Today, Dr. Arunima Agarwal
, a New-York based pediatrician is here to answer some of the questions you might have with covid and what you need to know for back to school. In addition, you will hear Dr. Agarwal’s recommendations on vaccinations, masks, sanitizer, and navigating side effects for your children.
- Why your pediatrician is the best resource on any vaccine.
- Dr. Agarwal’s opinion on government communication around the vaccine.
- Addressing good habits kids have picked up during the pandemic.
- Discussing the evolution of vaccination for children over 12, over five, and under five.
- How to best prepare for flu season.
- Where to find the most objective information: The CDC and John Hopkins.
Most importantly, and this is advice for all moms: Be kind to yourself, limit information sources, talk to your doctor and stick to medical sources.
We hope you join us for the first episode of season 4!
Links mentioned in today’s episode include: